OVERVIEW

Dearborn Station (also referred to as Polk Street Station) is the oldest train station serving downtown Chicago. Located in Printers Row, the station was owned by the Chicago & Western Indiana Railroad, the Romanesque Revival structure, designed by Cyrus L. W. Eidlitz. The Station, originally completed in 1885, with its 12 story Romanesque clock tower and steep pitched roofs. Its walls, hand made of red pressed brick and pink granite giving a strong presence during a time when U.S. railroads were the dominate mode of transportation.

Today Chicago’s oldest railroad station is now a retail shopping mall and an urban neighborhood marketplace. It is also a National Historic Landmark. Harbour was responsible for renovating the interior and modernizing the infrastructure to accommodate today’s retail tenants. Our understanding and respect for buildings, especially landmarks, comes from our passion to maintain a clean, well organized and documented project.

ARCHITECT

Cyrus L. W. Eidlitz


ADDITIONAL PROJECTS

Niemen Marcus Oak Brook
Nordstroms Oak Brook
P.F. Chang’s
Kona Grill
Poag Mahone’s
Biaggi’s Ristorante
Empress Casino Hammond
Horseshoe Casino Hammond
Baker & McKenzie Chicago

SIGN UP FOR
OUR NEWSLETTER