Full-service cannabis construction one-stop shop.
We understand the unique challenges the cannabis industry presents and deliver creative, holistic solutions to meet your project needs.
An elevated experience
Cannabis professionals nationwide understand the importance of selecting a general contractor or construction firm that understands the intricacies of their complex industry.
Our institutional knowledge and experience with compliance, regulatory, and operational requirements ensure your project is well-equipped, secure, and built to the highest quality standards with industry-mandated deterrence measures. Whether your focus is on yield, production, or retail, we fully commit to achieving optimal success.
We understand that the overall experience in your retail dispensary plays a significant role in the success of your store. Our teams produce functional, secure, compliant retail spaces to engage patients and customers with build-outs optimizing safety and aesthetics.
Harbour is adept in cannabis consulting, building, and delivering projects on time, within budget, and with minimal disruption to ongoing operations. Over six decades of professional work experience allows us to smoothly align your vision with reality.
With Harbour, establishing the best-in-class solutions for your cannabis construction needs is easy.
Setting the bar high
We understand the industry hurdles associated with cannabis construction and develop custom-tailored solutions to mitigate these challenges while adhering to the schedule and budget.
- 3D Data Collection and BIM
- Construction Management
- Permitting and Compliance Support
- Security Planning with Deterrence
- Sustainability and Green Building
- Value Engineering
Full-Service Cannabis Construction Firm
Understanding Your Needs
We begin each project by understanding your specific needs so we can bring your vision to life, while maintaining cannabis compliance.
Focus on Your Core Business
Our construction process allows you to focus on what’s important to you: your core business, without our disruption.
Sustainability and Green Building
We’re committed to reducing and eliminating our projects’ carbon footprint with a Three-Step Process.
Nature's Care Co.
Our cannabis expertise encompasses retail dispensaries, MIP kitchens, cultivation/processing facilities, extraction rooms, greenhouses, and labs. Harbour recently completed Phase I of II for Nature’s Care Company (NCC) in Chicago’s Downtown Loop. NCC is the first adult-use cannabis dispensary in Chicago and the first cannabis dispensary built in the Loop. Our team was instrumental in this project’s success by assisting in:
- The facilitation in the department of building permitting process, including the commission on Chicago Landmarks
- The acquisition of Chicago Department of Transportation street, alley, and temporary drive permits
- Ensuring guidelines were met per the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations to attain a cannabis dispensary license
- Client support during the Chicago zoning board of appeals and cannabis special use permitting
- Public relations with the local West Loop community organizations
- Developing and managing an expedited phased construction schedule to ensure license acquisition per dispensary proximity guidelines
- Consultation and installation of high-tech security systems with deterrence measures
“Acreage Holdings has completed many projects throughout the country. As we know, Chicago is one of the most challenging locations, and we chose to partner with Harbour Contractors to ensure our cannabis construction project was done right the first time.”
Project Manager at Acreage Holdings