A nationwide, full-service, cannabis design-build company
We understand the unique challenges this complex industry presents and deliver creative solutions to meet your needs.
Our Deep Experience is Our Unique Advantage
Our institutional knowledge and experience with the cannabis industry’s strict compliance, regulatory, and operational requirements ensure your project is completed correctly the first time. Whether your focus is on yield, production, or efficient retail, Harbour is committed to building your project for optimal success.
We manage your project
from start to finish
Our experience in the cannabis industry includes dispensaries, Marijuana Infused Products (MIP) kitchens, cultivation facilities, extraction rooms, processing, greenhouses, and lab support.
- Pre-Construction Services
- 3D Data Collection & BIM Modeling
- Security Planning & Consulting
- Permitting & Compliance Support
- Value Engineering
- Construction Management
- Design Build
Your trusted partner in Cannabis Construction
Generations of experience has earned us the reputation as an industry leader. Harbour has been in the construction industry for 62 years, and our work is rooted in extensive experience, hard earned trust, and community relations. Our success stems from a foundation of innovative construction solutions and quality craftsmanship.
Design and builds in the cannabis industry require the orchestration of many moving pieces. Harbour manages all aspects of construction projects from beginning to end, including the permitting, licensing, public relations, and operational requirements.
Harbour is committed to green building standards and practices. We are determined to reduce or eliminate our projects’ carbon footprint with a Three-Step Process.
Nature’s Care Co. Case Study
Harbour recently completed Phase I of II for Nature’s Care Co. (NCC) in Chicago’s Downtown Loop. NCC is the first adult use cannabis dispensary in Chicago, and the first dispensary built in the Loop. Harbour was instrumental in this project’s success by assisting in:
- The facilitation in the Department of Building permitting process, including the Commission on Chicago Landmarks
- The acquisition of Chicago Department of Transportation street, alley, and temporary drive permits
- Assistance with ensuring guidelines were met per the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) to attain a Cannabis Dispensary License
- Client support during the Chicago Zoning Board of Appeals and Cannabis Special Use Permitting
- Public relations with the local West Loop Community Organizations
- Developing and managing an expedited phased construction schedule to ensure license acquisition per dispensary proximity guidelines
- Consultation and installation of high-tech security systems with deterrence measures
“Acreage Holdings has completed many projects throughout the country. As we know, Chicago is one of the most challenging locations and we choose to partner with Harbour to ensure the project was done right.”
Project Manager at Acreage Holdings